Sunday, August 3, 2008

Bible Verses Implying that Jesus was NOT God

It should not be assumed that I take any of the following verses as authoritative. I only submit them because they come from the very book held so dear and holy by those who insist that Jesus was and is God:

Mark 9:37 (plus Matthew 10:40, Luke 9:48, and John 13:20), "Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me; and whoever receives me, receives not me but him who sent me."

Mark 10:18 "And Jesus said to him, 'Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.' "

Mark 12:29 Jesus said "Here, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord." The words "our God" indicate that Jesus had a higher God over him, a stronger God than him.

Mark 13:32, "But of that day or that hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in heaven."

Matthew 19:17, Jesus responded to one who addressed him as “O good master”, saying: “Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is God.”

Mat 24:36, "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

Luke 22:42 "...not my will but Thine be done"

John 5:19, “Jesus said to them, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing; for whatever he does, that the Son does likewise’.”

John 5:30 "I can of myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and my judgment is righteous, because I do not seek my own will but the will of the Father who sent me."

John 7:28-29 "...I have not come of myself. I was sent by One who has the right to send, and Him you do not know. I know Him because it is from Him I come; he sent me."

John 7:16 "Jesus said: 'My doctrine is not my own; it comes from Him who sent me.'"

John 8:40 "You are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God”

John 8:42 "Jesus said to them, 'If God were your Father, you would love me, for I proceeded and came forth from God; I came not of my own accord, but He sent me.' "

John 8:50 "And I do not seek my own glory; there is One who seeks and judges."

John 10:29 "My Father is greater than all."

John 14:10, “The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority; but the Father who dwells in me does his works.”

In John 14:28, Jesus says, “The Father is greater than I.”

John 15:2 "My Father takes away every branch in me that bears not fruit; he purges it; that it may bring forth more fruit." Here, we see Jesus' acknowledgement that he is an impefect sinner just like the rest of us; he too must be purged and purified.

John 20:17, Jesus tells Mary Magdalene to tell his followers: “I ascend unto my Father and your Father; and to my God and your God.”

1 Timothy, 2:5, “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.”


No comments: